Become a Board Member
The Board of Directors is empowered by the state to govern Pacific Diversified Services as a nonprofit public benefit corporation on behalf of the people of California. In execution of this authority, the board holds the following responsibilities, which are divided between those held by each individual member of the board, and the shared responsibilities of the board as a whole.
- Attend board meetings, normally held every 6 weeks.
- Attend the organization's events (presentations, special events, etc.) when feasible.
- Volunteer time when necessary/possible.
- Serve as an advocate for the organization in the community.
- Participate in the solicitation of donations by corporations, foundations and individuals.
- Support the organization's special fundraising events.
- Set policy for the organization.
- Hire, direct, and evaluate the Executive Director.
- Authorize expenditures and income through and annual budget.
- Execute strategic planning activities.
- Assure a balance between the organization's mission, and its resources available to fulfill that mission.
- Oversee the organization's compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Ensure the effective future governance of the organization through recruitment of new members to the Board of Directors.